Here we go.

24 November 2014

DO OVER

I'm still recovering from a fantastic trip to Memphis last weekend. I wish we could do it all over again. It started with a fine meal from Hog + Hominy where we met up Brittany + her main squeeze Eric. While it was good, I wasn't crazy about my entree - short ribs - or ATM's biscuit gnocchi, but I can deffo vouch for the poutine, the Parmesan gelato, and Carol's Delightful Smile - a malted chocolate pudding pie on an Oreo crust with a smattering of crushed Whoppers on top.  H+H has got a solid barkeeper who has mastered classic cocktails like Old Fashioneds, Sidecars + martinis and he kept them coming. The coolest part was that our entire bill was picked up by a local food distributor that Eric works with, a restaurant managerial perk. It only set us back about $20 apiece for service, an absolute bargain for the quality and quantity that we consumed.

From there, we went to the Hi-Tone to see the new Thee Oh Sees.  I feel like Thee Oh Sees are the band that we can all agree about. They're so good! Seeing them live, even with the new line-up, made my love for them grow exponentially. I'm obsessed!  Ask ATM with whom I share a living space with! He knows! Anyway, tightly packed house, great show. THANK YOU, THEE OH SEES!
 photo D3CDAC7F-CF9F-491F-9A68-9C15EB1FA046_zps6gzi0sbd.jpg

After the show and before we got back to our hotel, we did something I'm not exactly proud of.  We went to Krystal - a first time for me - and ordered a sackful and a half.  The four of us hoovered 18 sandwiches in minutes.  Ok, so you definitely should be inebriated to make any of that acceptable, socially and taste-wise.  I was in heaven while I was eating them, though, and did not suffer gastronomically, as far as I can tell.  In fact, the eating frenzy probably prevented massive bad-feelings the next day.

Don't really know what went down in the elevator lobby:
 photo 3D195F4D-2451-435E-A687-8C1A86550D95_zps3jr2wads.jpg

 photo 548C9000-8FE0-487D-AB32-2866CB93DC16_zpsek8zgkjt.jpg

But, I definitely know what went down in Room 810:
 photo 3D443F0A-5630-4283-AEF0-0A686FCC08D7_zpssubrvsnl.jpg

In the morning, I felt hopeful that I wasn't hungover, but then this banjo'd + ukelele'd outfit started tuning up in the coffee shop we were at and then they started playing and that's when I KNEW that I did not escape the previous night unscathed. YIKES. I do think it could've been worse, so thanks Krystal Burger?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

After making our usual rounds at Goner Records + House of Mews, we had lunch and then took a stroll on Main St. mostly to go see a mural of Jimmy Lee Lindsey, Jr., but also for digestive purposes. From there, we parted ways. Britt and Eric are super fun to travel and hang out with, I'm really looking forward to our next situation, which might be as neighbors! If all goes well, gal will be living on the same street as me! BFFs, indeed!

 photo 1FC30716-5EDC-40A9-8CC2-9A39B64BDB01_zpszj780kge.jpg

 photo 6E50BF78-CCCC-46FA-B974-CB276B88D59E_zps9gsh8nt2.jpg

 photo 0C58C289-5C8E-428D-8B83-B6705C606047_zps27wyumux.jpg

PHOTO DUMP

A very cold war view:
 photo 9130EC8A-BD0F-40EA-9660-DE545C44997C_zps2cap05n8.jpg

Found this gecko in my office:
 photo 1AE2B3FE-C920-460F-BE72-68D4D83B2802_zpszyi7xmsg.jpg

Hej, Arkansas!
 photo B5D209E1-F3EB-491A-9759-B74AE35BF553_zpst1gva4jk.jpg

Beautiful vintage Kachina embroidered patches from WLTCo.
 photo f87687bd-8f57-4b1d-aad8-69a8a2b7ae11_zps45c1f4c7.png

Heavenly pistachio cake:
 photo 27795A54-663E-41E5-B9C7-E7615EDC6AE1_zpsegsbuide.jpg

Love Dragon in her psychological kitty jail:
 photo 43607829-89B4-4204-8A71-D3C3A7D829C0_zpspsswxmsf.jpg

1 comment:

Carrie said...

You always find the cool places to go in nearby cities. I like traveling with you and seeing what you document! Happy holidays--maybe we could plan a meet up at Vino's.

Blog Archive